Through the efforts of our organizing committee and the generosity of ! The Roger Smith Hotel we have been able to secure VERY favorable rates for the attendees of RE BarCAmp 2013. We have a preferred rate to all attendees of RE BarCamp New York during the entire week. Mention RE BarCamp (call)/input (web) the code “REBAR2013” when you reserve your room and you will be given the rate of $139/night! Special rates are also available for larger suites so give them a call and ask them about those if you are interested. To put things in perspective:
|“Special” Inman rate at the Grand Hyatt||$255/night|
|Regular Rate at The Roger Smith||$199/night|
|Special RE BarCamp rate at The Roger Smith||$139/night|
|Savings from going to REBCNY and not staying at the Grand Hyatt||$116/night|
That’s almost half price to stay in a classic NYC hotel on 47th and Lexington Ave – just a few blocks from the Inman Connect! If you come in for the conference and stay at The Roger Smith you will save $464!.
This is not a pre-paid, non-refundable shady room rate you’ll find on a discount travel site. This is the actual rate you are getting to get for simply reserving the room – all courtesy of The Roger Smith and Lucky Strikers.
What you could do with that extra money:
- Buy the new top-of-the line Google Nexus 4 phone OR a 10” Nexus Tablet computer
- Get yourself a 16 gig iPad 2
- Treat yourself and 26 of your closest friends to a hot pastrami sandwich at the Carnegie Deli
- Reserve a block of 30 seats at New York’s famous Ziegfeld Theater to see The Hobbit (or some other movie you would enjoy)
- Take a cab from the northern tip of Manhattan to the southern tip – a DOZEN times
- Purchase almost half an Inman Connect ticket
- Donate $464 to the charity of your choice
Whatever you decide to do with it, it’s yours and yours alone and doesn’t have to go to a more expensive, less charming hotel.
In case you are wondering what $139/night gets you, here are some pictures of where you will be staying – complete with a swanky bar, and roof deck – for those of you who are brave enough to go out on it in January Not a bad place to stay in the heart of an amazing city, eh?
This is just one of the surprises we had in store for you all; more to come very soon. Looking forward to seeing you all at BarCamp folks.